Saturday, September 10, 2016

WEEK-END CRAFT-PLANT RECYCLING!





I was recycling my house pants long before it became a trend.  I inherited baskets of house plants after my husband was in the hospital. I realized that I could separate this group of plants  into small ones. This was the beginning of my love of houseplants. I started buying hanging baskets containing my favorite plants. I rushed home, sat on my porch,  and separated them into several
small houseplants.  I started searching for cute whimsical planters at the thrift stores.  I found lots of them for less than $2.00. I guess some people don't like frog and lady bug planters.


After I retired, my finances retired too.  
I am a widow who has to do strict budgeting to make ends meet. I  couldn't keep buying every house plant my heart desired.  I did already have a sofa table featuring twenty plants in my picture window. 

I didn't notice that my large Pothos plant had trailed behind my table. I needed to make several cuttings. I suddenly realized
that I could  root them and make more houseplants. I also started removing the baby cactus shoots off the huge Prickly 
pear cactus in my front yard. The shoots will not grow large if they are in small pots.  


HERE ARE SOME  POTHOS CUTTING ROOTING IN RECYCLED WATER BOTTLES:



I place them in nice planters in my den or living room after they get plenty of roots.
I don't have success with rooting them in dirt. The plants and water bottled look pretty on my window sill. 

Here's the potted plant my Pothos cuttings came from:




I like the potted plant I made from my rooted Pothos cuttings. I embellished 
my planter with fancy white "X's" :






I potted the Prickly Pear cactus shoots 
in used coffee mugs and small pots.
I embellished the pots with stickers.  
I collect stickers and needed to use 
some of them.My sticker collection 
drawer was getting too full. 





No comments:

Post a Comment