Saturday, June 11, 2016

WEEK-END CRAFTS, DIY RING MAKER










I have produced a lot of crafts in the 
past 15 years! I did not know you could make your own rings. I discovered this 
after watching Deals on the Living Well Network. A lady used buttons, small beads, and gems to make her own rings. She said you can buy ring blanks! I was got excited and became ready to make my own rings.
I searched online and found a few craft supply companies had them in gold and silver for reasonable prices.  I bought
adjustable blanks because they were a
lot cheaper. They came packs of 10 and
20. The crafts stores in my area only had 
a few silver ring blanks.


Today’s week-end craft is DIY fashion rings.  You will need:




Ring blanks

Favorite buttons, small bead, or rhinestone gems

Glue sticks and glue gun

 Pliers (optional)



Select the beads, buttons, or gems you  want to use for your design. If you use buttons must remove plastic piece from
the back with pliers. I suggest trying a flower design for your first ring.


Apply glue to the pad of the ring blank. Quickly add your flower design on top of the glue. You can adjust the design before the glue hardens. A beginner make want to glue each bead or button one at a time.  It depends on your skill level.



I have added some ring designs for your inspiration. There are also tips and  links
to websites where the ring blanks can be
purchased.

  

Here are images of the rings I made:




  
USED RHINESTONES AND BEADS ON GOLD RING BLANK










 1. I USED BAND AND ADDED CHARMS

(BAND & CHARMS FROM A.C. MOORE'S) 
2. I MADE STRETCH RING USING 
GREY & BLACK BUTTON &  
SMALL WHITE PEARL & BLACK BEADS





I USED FILIGREE CHARM & ADDED TINY
CLEAR RHINESTONE IN CENTER





ONLINE BUTTON RING DESIGNS




 
LINKS TO WEBSITES SELLING RING BLANKS










TYPES OF RING BLANKS






























SILVER PLATED ADJUSTABLE RING BLANKS























SILVER PLATED ADJUSTABLE RING BLANKS

10 MM PAD





















SIEVE RING BLANK


  



























GOLD PLATED ADJUSTABLE RING BLANK


  


TIPS:

 

Most ring blanks adjust from size 5
to size 10.



Blanks available in packs of  10, 2O, & 100



MM RING MEASUREMENTS:

Size 5½

16.1 mm

Size 6

16.5 mm

Size 7

17.3 mm

Size 6½

16.9 mm

Size 8

18.1mm

Size 9

19.0 mm

Size 7½

17.7 mm

Size 8½




BUTTON RING TUTORIAL






No comments:

Post a Comment