Saturday, April 23, 2016

WEEK-END CRAFT, EARRINGS










I often avoided  crafts with buttons and pony beads. I thought they were used for
girl and teenager jewelry.  Well, I stand corrected. The jewelry design makes the difference! The earring's I'm sharing today are just right for adults. I added a YouTube tutorial at the bottom if you are new to jewelry making.



I saw these pony bead earrings online
and thought they were nice looking:



DESIGN INSPIRATION : 








 
PONY BEAD DROP EARRINGS


NEED:


Assorted color pony beads
Large Jump rings
Fish hooks earring ear wires
Jewelry tool pliers


You can make your earrings solid color
or mixed colors.I placed a bead on the 
top and  bottom of each jump ring.
I didn't like the design shown in the
picture so I tweaked it a little.

Select your beads. Use your pliers 
to open the jump rings. Add the 
beads to the  jump rings as shown 
in the picture. Open the fish hook
ear wire and add the beaded jump
rings.

These earrings are so quick and easy
to make! I made earrings to match all
of my casual outfits!


DESIGN INSPIRATION: 








DANGLE BUTTON EARRINGS



I saw these on Pinterest and my 
creative ideas started flowing. 
Most Crafters have a jar full of  
loose buttons. I was so excited 
because I found a use for my 
button collection. Packets of 
small buttons are cheap at the
fabric and craft stores if you 
don't have any buttons. I also 
recycled buttons from old shirts 
my family were no longer wearing.

 

NEED:

Assorted color small buttons
Large Jump rings
Fish hooks earring ear wires
Jewelry tool pliers


Select  three buttons. It doesn't matter whether you use two hole or four hole buttons. Make sure you place jump ring 
in the same button hole on each button. This method will ensure that your earrings dangle correctly.Look at the hole selection in the picture if necessary. Add jump rings
to the top and bottom holes of  the first and second buttons. The third button only  need jump ring in the top hole. Consult picture design.  Open the fish hook ear 
wire and add the three buttons.


I had fun making button earrings because the design possibilities are endless. I did 
find some fancy designed buttons at the fabric store.I bought animal print buttons online from Oriental Trading Company. I
received a lot of nice compliments on my animal print earrings!

BUTTONS @ ORIENTAL TRADING:










No comments:

Post a Comment